Maca Hot Chocolate
Adapted by Kelsey Perusse MS, CN & Jen Plumb from Pauline Hanuise
Maca is an ancient Peruvian root valued for its effect as a powerful adaptogen, which aids in balancing and stabilizing the body’s hormonal, nervous and cardiovascular systems. Combine maca with the antioxidant and mineral boost of cacao and you have an incredibly healthful and delicious morning beverage.
Preparation Time: 5 min
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 heaping teaspoon maca powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Heat milk to a simmer. Turn off heat, and add in maca, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk in until combined. Add in maple syrup if desired.
- While hot pour chocolate into a mug, and sprinkle with cacao nibs
Serves: 1 Cup
Nutrition information: Calories: 34 Fat: 3.24 g Sat Fat:0.14 g Trans Fat: 0 g Fiber: 1.5 g Sugar: 0 g