Published on June 15, 2020
Makes about 18 bars
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups prepared trail mix from bulk bins, or nuts and dried fruit of your choice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup almond butter or other nut butter
- In a bowl, combine oats, trail mix, chia seeds, flaxseed and salt. Over medium heat, place brown rice syrup and honey in a saucepan and bring to a low boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in oil, peanut and almond butters until it is thoroughly mixed and is an even consistency.
- Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients and combine until evenly mixed. Press into an oiled 9x13 baking dish. Let cool, then flip out onto a cutting board and cut into 18 bars.
- Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap to keep the bars from drying out.
Source: Adapted from recipe by Leika Suzumura, PCC Nutrition Educator