- 1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted (optional)
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans. Place beans in a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes. Stop and scrape the sides, process 30 seconds longer.
- Add lemon juice, tahini, salt, garlic and olive oil. Process for 1 minute, scrape bowl then process another minute. Scrape bowl then with motor running add water slowly until desired consistency is reached. Add more salt if needed.
- If making olive hummus, add olives to hummus and blend for about 30 seconds or until olives are mixed in.
Serves 4-6 as an appetizer
Recipe Source: Chef Kelsey