Published on June 15, 2020
Honeyed Beet Quinoa Summer Salad
From Fresh from the Farm and Garden. Quinoa is a versatile grain that is a great source of protein.
- 6 beets, roasted (see technique above)
- 1/4 cup honey (locally produced is best)
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (or brown rice or couscous)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (or other goat cheese)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped basil, cilantro, or your favorite fresh herbs
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 6 minced green onions (or 3 shallots)
- lettuce greens, ready for eating as salad
- Dice roasted beets and marinate in orange and lemon juices and honey at least one hour.
- Combine with other ingredients except salad greens.
- Chill at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve quinoa on a bed of salad greens.