Greek Chickpeas and Spinach
This recipe, from Public Health –Seattle & King County, contains nearly half (49%) of the recommend daily intake of folate, plus iron (20%), vitamin A (75%), and vitamin C (40%) along with 10 grams of protein and lots of fiber.
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups precooked (from dried) or canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Using a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and dill. Stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the spinach, a little at a time. Drizzle lemon juice over all ingredients and cover with lid.
- Cook 5 minutes or until the spinach shrinks. Stir to combine. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings with 199 calories, 5 g fat, 245 mg sodium, 31 g carbs, 8 g fiber, and no sugar.