Grapefruit, Avocado & Shrimp Salad
Try this recipe, from Prevention magazine, as an appetizer or as a main dish with a large salad.
- ¾ pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 cup chopped avocado (approximately 1 whole)
- Toss shrimp with cumin and paprika. Sauté in oil in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until cooked, 4 minutes.
- Remove peel and pith from grapefruit and slice. Divide grapefruit slices among 4 plates.
- Top each with chopped avocado and shrimp.
Makes 4servings with 199 calories, 10 g fat, 129 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrates, 18 g pro, and 3 g fiber.