Published on June 06, 2020
Recipe by Clark, C. (2017). Bijoux and Bits.Retrieved from: https://www.bijouxandbits.com/2017/01/golden-milk-recipe-turmeric-tea/
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp dried turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- Small pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Cinnamon, for topping
- Whisk milk, spices, honey, coconut oil or ghee, and water in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Pour into a mug and top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Alternate super easy 2-minute recipe:
- Mix 8 oz brewed chai tea with 1/2 tsp dried turmeric, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, tiny pinch of black pepper, a dollop of milk and enjoy. Whiz it up with a cheap milk frother (like this!) for extra texture.