Published on June 15, 2020
Gingered Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine or medium-dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ lb. fresh shitake mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ lb. carrots (3 medium), julienned
- ½ lb. Daikon (an Asian radish), julienned
- ½ lb. Napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- In a bowl, stir together, rice wine or sherry, sugar, cornstarch,and salt until combined well.
- Cut mushroom caps into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Stir-fry carrots 3 minutes. Add daikon and stir-fry vegetables 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cabbage, garlic, and gingerroot and stir fry 2 minutes, or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir broth mixture and add to vegetables.
Serve over Kamut
Makes approximately 6 servings
- Combine with water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about an hour, until grains are tender.