Published on June 05, 2020
Gingered Carrot Soup
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- ½ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 4 cups peeled, sliced carrots
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; sauté until onion is translucent. Add broth and carrots. Cover and simmer until carrots are tender.
- Working in batches, puree mixture in blender or food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan on low heat. Stir in coconut milk and cumin.