Adapted from http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/individual-zucchini-frittatas-with-pecorino-and-chives-107813
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups Vegetables (options):
- 3 medium zucchini (1 lb total), halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 red onion, diced with 1 cup spinach (frozen ok)
- 1 bell pepper and 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon spice (cumin, chili powder, turmeric, etc)
- 1/2 cup chopped herbs (fresh chives, parsley, cilantro, etc)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional)
- 20 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté veggies until just tender.
- Whisk herbs, veggies, and cheese into eggs.
- Divide mixture among oiled muffin cups and bake until tops are puffed and set, ~ 14 min.
- Freeze until ready to eat.
- Pop in toaster oven at 375°F to reheat, ~5 minutes (alternatively, these could be reheated in a skillet with a cover or a microwave). Serve with whole wheat toast or other complex carb for a balanced meal.
Nutritional Information for 2 muffins: 300 kcals, 22 grams protein, 11 grams CHO, 2 grams Fiber