Published on June 06, 2020
Fish en Papillote
Recipe by Joyce Moon, 2017
- 2-3 cups vegetables, sliced (summer squash, carrots, bell pepper, asparagus, mushrooms, etc)
- ¼ cup shallots or onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh herbs (such as basil, dill, parsley or scallions)
- 4 Tablespoons dry white wine or broth
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 4 4-6 ounce skinless fish fillets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut four 14x12” parchment papers into a heart shape: Fold paper in half (“hamburger style”) and cut.
- Place sheets of parchment paper (or foil) on a surface, open.
- Divide vegetables among parchment sheets, arranging on one side of sheet in a thin layer.
- Sprinkle shallots or onion and sliced herbs over the vegetables evenly.
- Drizzle each packet with ½ Tbsp. oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a fish fillet on top of each portion. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with garlic, and drizzle 1 Tbsp. wine or broth and ½ Tbsp. oil over each.
- Fold the parchment paper: Starting from the round edge, crimp edges tightly to form a sealed packet. Fold and crease, overlapping and folding every 1/2 – 1 inch. When you get to the pointy end, crease and twist, then tuck it under. 9.Place packets in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.10.Bake fish until just cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Fish is done when opaque and flakes (reaches internal temperature of 145 degrees F). Carefully cut open packets (steam will escape). Garnish with herbs and lemon wedge.