Published on June 15, 2020
From Cooking Light, each cupcake has only 150 calories and contains antioxidant-rich dark chocolate –a great small indulgence to cap off your tailgate party.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/4 ounces dark (70 percent cocoa) chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk.
- Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined (about 3 minutes). Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating well. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in chocolate.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups lined with muffin cup liners. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.