Dark Chocolate Ganache Tart
Adapted recipe for Crust by Angela Liddon
Yield: 8 -14 servings
- 5 oz (~2/3 cup) pitted dates, Medjool preferred
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, at room temperature
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 12 oz dark chocolate (70% or greater)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- For the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9” pie dish or tart pan with coconut oil or butter. Soak dates in water for 30 minutes and drain.
- In a food processor or powerful blender, combine oats, nuts, cinnamon, and salt. Process until mixture looks like coarse sand. Add dates and oil and process again until mixture comes together. It should stick together when pressed with your fingers. Add more water as need to reach desired consistency, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Sprinkle mixture over the base of the dish. Starting from the middle, press crumbs firmly and evenly into the dish in an outward direction, with fingers or with a flat metal measuring cup. Push crust up towards side of dish. Poke several fork holes in the crust and bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- For the Filling: Place chopped chocolate and butter into a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring cream just to a simmer. Pour over chopped chocolate. Let stand then stir with a spatula until combined and smooth.
- Pour into cooled tart shell and allow to set 1-2 hours in fridge.
Nutrition Info: Serving Size: 1/12 tart; Calories: 325; Total Fat: 13 g, Carbohydrate: 12 g, Protein: 4 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sodium: 33 mg.