Creamy Coconut Dipping Sauce
Original Recipe by Korrin Fotheringham, MS, RDN, CD Copyright 2015. Adapted from Coconut Peanut Sauce recipe from Feeding the Whole Family (third edition) by Cynthia Lair (Sasquatch Books, 2008).
This sauce is essential for dipping fresh vegetable spring rolls and may also be used as a flavorful sauce on cooked greens or noodles.
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tamari or shoyu
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium to low heat. Whisk until smooth.
- Stir gently until sauce begins to thicken. Add water if needed to get desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Makes: 1 cup