Published on June 15, 2020
Cookus Interruptus Favorite Salad and Balsamic Vinaigrette
This hearty salad, from Bastyr University faculty member and “Cookus Interruptus” host Cynthia Lair, goes with nearly any main dish. The olive oil in the dressing helps you absorb the nutrients in the greens.
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4-5 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/3 cup Sweet Glazed Nuts (recipe below)
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola
- ½ cup seedless red grapes, halved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients except oil in a large salad bowl and stir to mix. Add oil a little at a time whisking it into the other ingredients so that it incorporates nicely.
- Wash salad greens by placing leaves in a sink full of cold water. Drain and repeat. Spin or pat dry. Place in a large salad bowl. Add glazed nuts, cheese, and grapes to greens. Add a few grinds of black pepper. Dress and toss salad just before serving