Published on June 14, 2020
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Recipe by Danielle Premo
An easy recipe to prepare and a lovely treat to have on hand for an after dinner sweet.
Preparation time: 20 minutes. Chilling time: at least 30 minutes
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 quart strawberries
- Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan heat the coconut oil on low heat until melted, then whisk in the remaining ingredients until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, dip the strawberries in the chocolate sauce until coated, then place on the parchment lined plate.
- When done, place the strawberries in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden the chocolate.