Chickpea, Cherry, and Ginger Salad
Chickpeas supply carbs, protein, and iron, which helps oxygen to get to your muscles. Ginger decreases inflammation and therefore may reduce post-race muscle pain.
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Dressing – 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients and serve.
Makes: 8 servings, with 317 calories, 14 g fat, 7 g fiber, and 429 mg sodium.