Published on June 14, 2020
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Soak the cashews: Place the cashews (and dates, if using) in a medium bowl and add 2 cups of the water. Set aside uncovered at room temperature for 10 to 12 hours. The cashews are ready when they break apart when pressed between two fingers.
- Drain and add fresh water: Drain the soaking water from the cashews. Add the drained cashews (and dates, nutritional yeast, or lemon, if using), remaining 1/2 cup water, and salt to a blender.
- Blend into cream: Blend on high speed until completely smooth, about 3 minutes. Stop scrape down the sides of the blender and process again for 1 minute.
- Store or use: Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Makes: about 1 cup
Nutrition Information (1 teaspoon): 30 Calories, 1.6g Carbohydrate, 1g Protein, 2.3g Fat