Published on June 05, 2020
Broiled Figs with Cashew Cheese and Honey
Recipe by Danielle Premo
Figs are my favorite indulgence ever fall season. Add the cashew cheese and a smidge of honey and I am in heaven.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 3 minutes.
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours in water
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 figs, cut in half
- Cashew Cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven broiler to high heat.
- Drain the cashews then add them to the blender with the remaining ingredients for the cheese. Blend, then taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add more water to thin if necessary.
- Place the figs on a parchment lined baking sheet. Top each with a teaspoon of the cashew cheese. Place under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes. Watch closely and remove once the cheese begins to brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, and then drizzle each with honey before serving.
Serves: 4 to 6