Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
Adapted from: Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (3 cups cooked)
- 1 - 14 oz can black beans or 1 ½ cups cooked, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups (3 medium) carrots, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups arugula or spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced avocado (optional)
- 5 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- For quinoa: Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Add into pot with 1.5 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes, or until water is fully absorbed. Remove from heat and steam with lid on for 5 additional minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss quinoa, black beans, cilantro, carrots, greens and green onions.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the dressing. Pour over salad and toss gently to combine. Top with sliced avocado.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free