Published on June 15, 2020
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen fruit, such as blueberries, peaches, plums
- 1/2tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond meal or whole-wheat flour,divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup chopped raw and unsalted almonds, or pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine fruit with granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon almond meal and orange juice. Divide among four greased 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins or a 8x8 baking pan. Combine oats, nuts, brown sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons almond meal, orange zest and cinnamon. Drizzle with oil and stir to combine. Sprinkle over the fruit mixture. Place the ramekins or baking dish on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
Per serving: 252 calories; 11 g fat ( 1 g sat , 7 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 1mg sodium; 179 mg potassium.