Published on June 06, 2020
Belgian Endive & Apple Salad
Recipe by: Parker-Pope, T. (2017). New York Times Cooking. Retrieved from: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014356-endive-and-apple-salad
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 heads of endive, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- ¼ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- To make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, juice and honey. Season with salt.
- In a small sauté pan, toast the pecans over medium heat. Allow to cool.
- Mix together the endive, arugula, apple and cherries (or cranberries) in a medium-size bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Top with the pecans and goat cheese (optional).