Published on June 06, 2020
Baked Oatmeal with Berries & Lentils
Recipe adapted from https://www.lentils.org/recipe/baked-oatmeal-with-berries-lentils/
Prep Time: 10 Minutes. Total time: 50 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries or both (seasonal option: shredded apple with peel)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 cup whole milk (or non-dairy milk of choice) (I used almond milk)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In an 8-inch square (or similar-sized) baking dish, mix together the oats, lentils, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Scatter with berries and coconut.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, egg, butter, and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the oats, and give it a gentle stir to distribute everything evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden and the oats have set. Serve warm, topped with yogurt, coconut cream, crème fraiche or milk. Leftovers reheat beautifully.