Published on June 15, 2020
Arugula Almond Pesto Pasta
Recipe by: Kelsey Perusse
Makes: 2-1/2 cups
- 5 ounces fresh Arugula
- 5 ounces fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup raw almonds
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 9oz package Pasta, I prefer Jovial Gluten Free Egg Noodles
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. You may need extra water depending on the potency of basil and arugula.
*Pesto will last 5 days in the refrigerator or freeze for later use.
For Pesto Pasta
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Once pasta is cooked and still warm, drain off liquid and add about ½ cup of pesto to the pasta (enough to fully coat pasta).
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve warm.