Almond Butter Cups
Recipe by: Kelsey Perusse, MS, CN adapted from Thrive Market
Active Time:20min. Total Time: 4 hours.
For the Almond Butter Filling
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Chocolate Coating
- 11 ounces dark chocolate
- Grey Sea Salt for topping
- Line 24 cups in a mini muffin pan with mini cupcake liners.
- Combine almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt in a medium bowl. Stir until combined. Make small teaspoon-sized balls of almond mixture and place in center of each baking cup.
- Place the chocolate a heat proof bowl, then place over boiling water. Melt the chocolate.
- Pour melted chocolate over almond mixture to fill flush with top line of baking cups. Place in freezer or fridge for 20 minutes to set. When firm and ready to serve, sprinkle with grey sea salt. The place cups back in the freezer for an additional 40 minutes.
Makes: 24 chocolates
Nutrition information: Calories: 151 Fat: 10.76 g Sat Fat: 3.3 g Fiber: 2.1 g Protein: 3 g Sugar: 7.8 g