Physicians or health care providers can refer patients to the ARU. Our team will work to admit patients according to the following:
- Admission can be from hospital, home or other facility
- Upon receiving the referral, our Rehab Physician and Admission Coordinator will verify if patient meets the ARU admission criteria
- Our Admission Coordinator will obtain proper insurance verification and pre-authorization
- Patient can be transferred to ARU when medically stable and able to tolerate 2-3 hours of therapy per day
Criteria for Admission to the Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Upon your physician's request, our admission staff and medical director will verify the patient meets these medical criteria:
- Has a condition that requires treatment by multiple therapy disciplines.
- Is able to perform a minimum of three hours of therapy a day.
- Requires close monitoring in a hospital setting and frequent physician visits versus a skilled nursing facility or other setting where physician visits are less frequent.
The admission staff will obtain proper insurance verification and pre-authorization.
For more information, or to inquire about a referral, please call 425.899.2545.