Acute Rehabilitation Unit
EvergreenHealth’s Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU) is a facility within EvergreenHealth Medical Center where patients receive intensive rehabilitation after a life-changing injury or illness.
The 14-bed inpatient unit and our rehabilitation team provide individualized treatment catered towards each patient’s potential to gain independence and make a safe return home as soon as possible.
Care in the Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Care in the ARU includes:
- Access to a team of rehabilitation professionals
- Close medical supervision provided by Rehab Physician and 24-hour nursing care
- Licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Rehabilitation psychologist and social worker assigned to each patient
- Weekly team conferences for care coordination
- Patient and family training
- On-site pre-admission screening
Patient Who Benefit from the Acute Rehabilitation Unit
This comprehensive rehabilitation benefits patients who experience:
- Spinal cord injury and surgery
- Brain injury and neurological disorders
- Medically complex conditions and surgery
The ARU is appropriate for patients who require, and are able to actively participate in, three hours of therapy per day (physical, occupational, speech-language pathology), five to seven days per week, for help with:
- Impairments in daily living activities
- Impaired mobility, balance and coordination
- Swallowing disorders
- Speech and communication impairments
- Memory deficits and judgment impairments
- Limitations in joint motion, strength or weakness
Admission Criteria for the Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Upon your physician's referral, our admission staff and medical director will verify the patient meets these medical criteria:
- Has a condition that requires treatment by multiple therapy disciplines.
- Is able to perform a minimum of three hours of therapy a day.
- Requires close monitoring in a hospital setting and frequent physician visits versus a skilled nursing facility or other setting where physician visits are less frequent.
The admission staff will obtain proper insurance verification and pre-authorization.
For more information, or to inquire about a referral, please call 425.899.2545.