Hospice Volunteer Application Process
If you have any questions about the application process, please call us at (425) 899-1070.
- If you have experienced a loss, we ask that you wait a full year before beginning this process.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Time commitment of one year; weekly commitment varies by position.
- Provide documentation of your immunization history, to include:
- 2-step TB skin test
- Tdap (whooping cough) booster
- Two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations OR positive blood titers
- Two Varicella (chicken pox) vaccinations OR a positive blood titer
- Hepatitis B series and/or a positive blood titer
- Current year flu shot
- Submit our online application.*
- Have two personal (non-family) or professional references complete and submit our reference form.
- Complete an interview. Paperwork at that time will include providing Social Security and driver's license numbers.
- Pass Washington State Patrol and nationwide background checks.
- Complete the Hospice Volunteer Core Training and required position-specific training.
- If your position requires driving, your driving record must be reviewed and approved.
- Submit documentation of required immunizations.
* If you are unable to submit an application online, please email us at LstHospiceVolunteers@evergreenhealth.com or call (425) 899-1070 and we will have an application packet mailed to you.
Please add our email address LstHospiceVolunteers@evergreenhealth.com to your safe sender list. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks, please check your junk folder and contact us.
Volunteer Training Dates
We offer multiple trainings throughout the year. Sessions are held at the Gene & Irene Wockner Hospice Center (12822 124th Lane NE, Kirkland, WA 98034), unless otherwise noted.
Each training consists of two days, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- 2021 dates to be determined due to COVID-19
Check back for additional session dates.