Community Funded Grant Program
As a public hospital district, EvergreenHealth provides a special benefit to the greater community. Every year, we are entrusted stewards of the community's resources. In 2021, more than $5.8 million in levy funds supported a range of programs designed to provide quality health care, services and resources—often at no charge—to meet the community's health needs.
We continue to partner with those who share our mission and values to bring real and lasting improvements to our communities. The EvergreenHealth Community Funded Grant Program is just one way in which we can work collaboratively to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve, by investing in organizations and internal programs that align with our mission and vision. For the 2023 calendar year, awards of up $25,000 per applicant will be awarded to approved applicants for a 1-year grant period. Awards are determined annually, and awardees must re-apply for future funding.
- External applicant organizations must have valid 501(c)(3) non-profit tax status or be a school or government entity. Please attach documentation that supports this status.
- Organizations must fall within our district service area or provide direct services within our district service area (cities include Kirkland, Woodinville, Duvall, Sammamish, Redmond, Bothell, or Kenmore).
Program Funding Criteria
Applicants should submit proposals that consider the following criteria.
- Serve identified vulnerable or underserved populations
- Address an important documented need in the community
- Provide a significant, measurable impact
- Support and align with EvergreenHealth's mission and vision
- Priority will be given to organizations and causes that focus on the following areas that align with the priority needs that EvergreenHealth identified in the Community Health Needs Assessment:
- Youth Mental Health
- Chronic Disease Management
- Access to Care
The application period will open on July 1, 2022, with a deadline of August 8, 2022. Programs that are funded will be notified by December 1, 2022, for funding in 2023.
Applying does not guarantee funding. We have limited funding available for this new program. The following are NOT eligible for funding through EvergreenHealth's Community Funded Grant Program:
- Events outside the EvergreenHealth service area.
- Donations or support to general appeal campaigns, endowments, or memorials.
- Requests that benefit an individual or family.
- Local sporting teams and events or travel expenses.
- Religious activities for furthering religious doctrine.
- General awareness campaigns.
- Door prizes or raffles.
- School-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, drama groups, yearbooks, class parties, or class/ team projects or travel.
- Political candidates, activities, or organizations.
- Personal appeals for funding of individual medical care, insurance coverage for individuals, scholarships, tuition, educational expenses, conference registration, etc.
- National conferences.
- Membership fees or dues.
- Advertising activities.
- Organizations that do not align with EvergreenHealth's mission and vision.
How To Apply
Please download the Word document application and fill out the requested fields. Completed applications should be emailed to Lauren Bolen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, August 8 at 5 p.m. Include in the email subject line 'Community Funded Grant Program Application – Name of Organization.' Name of Organization should indicate the organization that is applying for funding.
Community Funded Grant Program Application