U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospitals" Ranking
U.S. News & World Report recognizes EvergreenHealth one of the best hospitals in Washington state in the 2020-21 edition of its "Best Regional Hospitals" rankings.
EvergreenHealth was ranked #3 in the Seattle metropolitan area and #4 overall in the state.
In addition, U.S. News recognized EvergreenHealth for high performance in eight specialty areas, placing it in the top 10% of hospitals in patient outcomes. Those specialty areas include:
- Knee Replacement (fourth consecutive year)
- Colon Cancer Surgery (third consecutive year)
- Nephrology (third consecutive year)
- Heart Failure (second consecutive year)
- Hip Replacement (second consecutive year)
- Urology (second consecutive year)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
U.S. News compared nearly 5,000 medical centers nationwide and survey responses from more than 30,000 physicians to rank hospitals in 16 adult specialties.
To be ranked in a specialty, a hospital must excel in caring for the sickest, most medically complex patients. The ratings in procedures and conditions, by contrast, focus on typical Medicare patients.