U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospitals" Ranking
U.S. News & World Report recognizes EvergreenHealth one of the best hospitals in Washington state in the 2021-22 edition of its "Best Regional Hospitals" rankings.
EvergreenHealth was ranked #3 in the Seattle metropolitan area and #6 overall in the state.
In addition, U.S. News recognized EvergreenHealth for high performance in six specialty areas, placing it in the top 10% of hospitals in patient outcomes. Those specialty areas include:
- Knee Replacement (fifth consecutive year)
- Colon Cancer Surgery (fourth consecutive year)
- Heart Failure (third consecutive year)
- Hip Replacement (third consecutive year)
- Urology (third consecutive year)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease COPD (second consecutive year)
U.S. News compared nearly 5,000 medical centers nationwide and survey responses from more than 30,000 physicians to rank hospitals in 16 adult specialties.
To be ranked in a specialty, a hospital must excel in caring for the sickest, most medically complex patients. The ratings in procedures and conditions, by contrast, focus on typical Medicare patients.